WP1: Serious games for education and training
The aim of this WP is to (a) identify existing games that are used in education and document their features, (b) identify knowledge domains where usually serious games for education are usually applied and (c) derive functionalities for gaming environments in education.
WP2: FLIP2G Flipped classroom design
The aim of this WP is to:
- (a) carry out a study on the flipped classroom learning strategy in order to record the features that support transversal and entrepreneurship skills development and active engagement in the learning process,
- (b) carry out a study on the PBL model in order to identify the elements that can enrich the traditional flipped classroom model towards in depth knowledge acquisition and transveral skills development and
- (c) construct a learning model that will visualize how flipped classrooms should be applied in multiple sectors like higher education institutions, secondary schools and companies.
WP3: Course environment design and learning analytics
The aim of this WP is to
- (a) design courses that can be employed in higher education institutions, secondary schools and trainings of private or public employees,
- (b) design a learning environment that will incorporate gaming features and will allow active engagement of learners and
- (c) employ learning analytics tools that will record, process and analyse data that is generated during learning and produce meaningful visualizations for educators.
The aim of this WP is to organize trial pilots with the participation of the project partners for maximum knowledge exchange and co-creation and evaluate the pilots’ implementation.
The aim of this WP is to evaluate the effectiveness of the project’s results in improving education and training through a PBL-enhanced flipped classroom model and an engaging environment with gaming and artificial intelligence elements.
This WP will also assess the usage of LA tools in monitoring and guiding learners’ progress throughout their learning experience.
WP6: Dissemination and Exploitation
The aim of this WP is twofold. First, to create awareness on the project and disseminate its progress and results to the appropriate stakeholders including policy makers, market players and researchers/academics from the targeted sectors. Second, to prepare the ground for the result’s exploitation after the project end, i.e. open and free distribution of project results to the market including the ICT industry, the public sector and the academic community.
WP7: Quality Assurance
The aim of this WP is to provide quality monitoring mechanisms that will guarantee the results’ superiority as well as the timely progress of the project.
WP8: Project Management
The aim of this WP is to ensure that the consortium will collaborate effectively and reach the objectives of the project, or even go beyond expectations, in the given timeframe. Furthermore, the WP is concerned with actual coordination of the project, interfacing with the European Commission, managing budget flows and so on.